Re: [dvd-discuss] Geeks in government: A good idea?

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 02:45:58AM +0200, Lars Gaarden (larsg@eurorights.org) wrote:

> It would however be interesting to see how they are able to argue
> that selling region free/multiregion players is illegal.

Protection of technological measures. Article 6.

http://www.stortinget.no/dok8/dok8-199697-076.html
http://www.stortinget.no/dok8/dok8-199798-009.html
http://www.digi.no/digi98.nsf/pub/md20011211075129_pcs_32952162
http://www2.filmweb.no/nyheter/article.jhtml?articleID=9548

--
Jon Johansen
nanocrew.net

http://www.eff.org/support/jonfund.html

MR. LEVY:  I'm sorry, your Honor. I actually have a technology expert
  with me. Would the Court like to or would they agree to hear a very
  brief statement on this point from that expert?
THE COURT: No.    -- MPAA v. Reimerdes injunction hearing, 2000/01/21