Re: [dvd-discuss] You can go swimming, but....

May I suggest that if copyright never died in a few years we would all be
unable to speak or write anything because someone would own the rights to it.
Public Domain exists for that very reason and if you look at US law properly
and apply it to a movies or 1000 movies. Most have lost the right of legal
action for failure to comply with US code 323 I think it is....... I will do
some legal homework and quote it........ But if the original holder has no
rights anymore so it must follow that neither do any of the licence
holders......... So where a movie company uses sale and lease back to avoid
tax in the USA then he has failed to comply and has lost his copyright?