Re: [dvd-discuss] Fox recommends multiregion (aka hacked) DVD players to UKc...

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 04:55:19PM +0200, Tom wrote:
> actually, they thought about that, too. one of the DVD regions is
> reserved for "international", which mostly means airplanes, but I guess
> the big cruise ships will have DVD players set to region 9, too. (I
> think it was region 9, but don't quote me without verifying.)

I very much doubt it, the region mask only has 8 bits. ;)

--
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/DeCSS/

"Any time you skip a commercial [...] you're actually stealing the
 programming." (James Kellner, CEO Turner Broadcasting)