Re: [dvd-discuss]2600 DROPS DECSS APPEAL

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 23:51, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Michael A Rolenz wrote:
> > http://www.2600.com/news/display.shtml?id=1233
>
> I was kind of hoping this would go to the Supreme Court.  I knew it would
> lose, but somewhere inside I believed the case would stir up the support
> needed for real revolutionary change.

The only thing, I suspect, that will drum up the real fervor to make a
change is when the DMCA starts to impact the general public in a way
that makes it an issue for them.  Until then, I'm afraid this is going
to remain an issue the technicians care about and the rest of the world
is oblivious too.

> I don't know what to think now.
> I think I'm going to cry.

Eh, having read 2600's statement on the subject I think they made the
right decision to call it quits.  I'd rather be sad to see it end here
then sad to see the supreme court uphold it.

---Steve