[dvd-discuss] More on ALERT: CBDTPA = Intel TCPA?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [fairuse-discuss] Re: Steven Levy buys Microsoft's
bullshit hook, line, and sinker(fwd)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:46:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jay Sulzberger <jays@panix.com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:20:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jay D. Dyson <jdyson@treachery.net>
To: Cryptography List <cryptography@wasabisystems.com>
Subject: Re: Steven Levy buys Microsoft's bullshit hook,
line, and sinker

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Bram Cohen wrote:

> Of course, the TCPA has nothing to do with security
> or privacy, since those are OS-level things. All it
> can really do is ensure you're running a particular
> OS.
>
> It's amazing the TCPA isn't raising all kinds of
> red flags at the justice department already - it's
> the most flagrant attempt to stifle competition
> I've ever seen.

	It's even more amazing that those who care about security
at all aren't nearly as up in arms about this matter.  The
very idea that the one company with the longest history of
producing the most pernicious security problems in the
digital world is being suddenly embraced as that very
world's savior.

	What's next?  Claiming that Usama bin Laden is our best
choice to lead our newly-formed Department of Homeland
Defense?

-Jay

  (
(
_______
  ))   ))   .--"There's always time for a good cup of
C|~~|C|~~| (>------ Jay D. Dyson -- jdyson@treachery.net
 `--' `--'  `-- I'll be diplomatic...when I run out of ammo.