Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: Correction: ReplayTV: Some Citizens Consumers, Some Not

I'm afraid the judge is going to claim that "Oh...just because the works cannot
enter the public domain from the DVD doesn't mean that they can't enter the
public domain from some other source.." That's Specious of course because when
something is in the public domain I don't need anybody's permission to access
it. It also begs the question that there IS another copy available without copy
protection or how a work can enter the public domain when NO copies without
copy protection exist. (e.g., We don't make no stinking VHS tapes NO MORE!)

BTW-  cartoons produced by the US government would never have been copyrighted.
But Derek, you can always take them off the DVD put them on your website and
hope that the MPAA files another lawsuit in absentia!