Re: [dvd-discuss] OT: Copyright on ingredient list?

Presumably they are copyrighting the design of the coke can. You can't
copyright recipes (only the writing of them..and even then one has to have
a lot of leeway in paraphrasing. There's only so many ways one can write
"and now break open the egg, and put the contents into the bowl. Stir the
egg into the flour until it is all mixed well")....OTOH...I wouldn't put
it past them to try. Wonder if Coke has a website that answers questions?
"Mr.Coca-Cola, What doe the little ©1997 mean on your can?"

"Kroll, Dave" <Dave_Kroll@cargilldow.com>
05/31/2002 07:59 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss