Re: [dvd-discuss] Eldred Amicus

> Ernest Miller wrote:
> >
> > One of the problems I have with "lifetime of the author" as part of a
> > copyright term is that it tends to place emphasis on "natural rights" of
> > the author as opposed to the public as SJ writes below.

If you want to phrase it that way... I think its fair to give an author a
'natural right' for their unpublished works. Maybe they're unhappy with
them. Maybe they're embarassed by them. Maybe they're private letters they
sent to a friend 3 decades earlier.. It doesn't matter.

Thats why I suggested life+10 for unpublished works, and a fixed, say 40
year term for published works.

Scott

--
No DVD movie will ever enter the public domain, nor will any CD. The last CD
and the last DVD will have moldered away decades before they leave copyright.