RE: [dvd-discuss] Eldred Amicus

No... I guess my biggest problem with copyright is the fact that it
now extends not only to publication/distribution of the work in
question, but also to creation/publication of derivative works. Since
the creations of others are going to effect my thought processes,
something in the system should allow for that - this is ignored in
legislation. Intellectual "property" is not traditional property as
just because I've seen your house, doesn't mean I can take it with
me. Once I've heard your idea or read your book, the idea is with me
whether I like it or not. Since your property obviously effects mine,
I shouldn't be held responsible for consequences of that effect.