Re: [dvd-discuss] Comparing DeCSS with legitimate code.

But the court didn't rule that the function was the thing....REmember the
courts tortured logic came back to the fact that the authority of the
copyright holder is granted to the purchaser of the DVD (note I did not
write owner) through a licensed player not at point of sale. Using
technology and the DMCA, they successfully argued that they can split the
traditional manner in which the authority of the copyright holder is
granted.

Tom <tom@lemuria.org>
05/23/2002 11:17 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss