Re: [dvd-discuss] 701 866 545

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 07:35, Bryan Taylor wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what's with the numbers in the title?

Spammers routinely put tracking codes in the "Subject:" line
so that if people report the spam to their ISPs, (and the ISP
forwards the report with target address removed) the spammer
can still work out who sent the report.

Not, mind, so that they can remove the reporter from their
lists (at least in most cases).  They do it because a report
confirms that an address is deliverable, thus much more valuable.

--
| May I have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, |
|  the strength to change the things I cannot accept, and the   |