[dvd-discuss] Possible worm

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Donald Patrick J. Adrian wrote:

> Brian;
>
> Sorry, am unable to decipher what this is, exactly.

I suspect that its one of the worms going around... I run PINE, so I can't
confirm this.

Anyways.. If you run outlook, you should immediately update your antivirus
software and scan. (This may be one of the worms that can infect even
without opening an attachment. Just receiving it may be enough to infect.)

Actually, you should do that on general principals.. (Or preferably,
install your favorite UNIX.)

Also, Brian may not be responsible. Some of them look in the address book
and pick two names, one is used as a spoofed sender name, the other
becomes the recipient.... So it could be *ANYONE*.

Scott