Re: [dvd-discuss] Dion's new CD crashing party for some users

microlenz@earthlink.net wrote:

>What they are trying to protect are computers that are involved in the
>infrastructure of banking, government, medicine, or commerce <ALL bow down
>and
>worship the New God.....Commerce>. That's pretty clear. That's a viable
>interpretation....remember that if a law has a viable interpretation, that
>is
>how the law is interpreted by the courts. . Unfortunatly, while I would
>like to
>think that my computer is as important as those doing gold transfers at
>Chase
>Manhatten Bank, clearly the law does not.
>communication;

You have conveniently left out the word "communication" from *your*
interpretation. Perhaps a federal judge would do the same, even in
the face of the prosecution repeating "communication, communication,
communication". e-mail is communication. I suppose to extend your
abusive interpretation you'd narrow that to "communications infra-tructure".
No justification for it, but it might work to protect
a big corporation, but certainly never an individual - I guess all
that matters then is who comes to trial first.