Re: [dvd-discuss] DVD Annotations Are Here!

I've always wanted to do "Barney Goes to Jurassic Park"

Eric Seppanen <eds@reric.net>
03/25/02 04:31 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss

        To:     dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [dvd-discuss] DVD Annotations Are Here!

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:06:11PM -0500, Ernest Miller wrote:
> http://www.dvdtracks.com/
>
> http://slashdot.org/articles/02/03/25/1754253.shtml?tid=97
>
> Now you too can be a film critic.  This is one of the wonderful things
that
> the DMCA makes impossible, but that we here on the dvd-discuss list have
> looked forward to!

How long before someone decides to record a poor-taste soundtrack that
earns them a cease-and-desist?  First nastygram wins a prize.

I bet recording a nice "South Park"-themed soundtrack to one of the Star
Wars flicks would do it.  MST3000 on crack.

Next step: write a player that can take two DVDs, carve up the
soundtrack from one, and overlay it on the image from another.  Jay and
Silent Bob meet Barney the Dinosaur.