RE: [dvd-discuss] Slightly OT - Japanese copyrights

If you have license to a copy, and the right to do what
you wish with your own copy, then that plan should work.

It is similar to a plan executed by someone who was fed
up w/ all the (unnecessary) sex in movies.  He offered
a service whereby he edited a movie to make a clean version.
IIRC either the customer had to send in their copy of
the tape to be edited, or they bought a copy from him
(as they would from any other reseller) that he had already
edited.  He did not _make_ copies, he edited existing
ones.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!