Re: [dvd-discuss] Eldred v. Ashcroft Accepted fopr Review by SCOTUS

Lets hope that they rule WISELY. Had it not been for Dred Scott, Justice
Taney would be revered as a wise chief justice. At best he is remembered
by the legal profession as having that one blot on an great career.

The principle of judicial review does not mean that the courts hold
themselves stronger than congress but that they are charged with reviewing
congress. COngress has the power to appoint judges and also to remove
them. Remember Abe Fortas. The courts are equal to congress just as the
executive branch is equal to the legislative.