Re: [dvd-discuss] LA Times Article about Replay TV lawsuits

I think they call it "bait and switch".....You should add

E) Who hope that large portions of the audience do not switch channels,
hit the mute button,  leave the room or even bother to pay any attention
to the advertising whatsoever (e.g., what was the automobile maker for the
last commercial you saw that had an SUV storming up some mountainous
territory).

But I think you've got the technology level too high.....it's not 50s
technology...it's 19th century when publishing was typesetting by hand or
motion pictures on 35mm film. Now they give away software more
sophisticated than the publishing houses used 20 yrs ago and ditto for
image processing. The ability to do these things has gotten distributed
but those who thrived during the times when those activities had to be
centralized are not adapting to the change.

Ole Craig <olc@cs.umass.edu>
02/12/02 11:27 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss