Re: [dvd-discuss] An interesting case from 9th Circuit Appeals co urt

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:02:31PM -0800, Richard Hartman wrote:
> > I disagree that embedding is bad. If you don't want your
> > images imbedded, then don't serve them to any page except
> > your refering page.
>
> That is not in my power to accomplish.  My site is hosted
> by a service and I do not have that level of control.  (btw:
> how would you go about specifying that sort of restriction?)

all you need is some kind of scripting language, say perl or PHP, and a
region in your webspace that can be read by that program, but is not
public.

then you write a simple wrapper that sends out the image data when
called, after checking the referrer.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>