Re: [dvd-discuss] An interesting case from 9th Circuit Appealscourt

The case itself is at
http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/C38AD9E9A70DB15188256B
5700813AD7/$file/0055521.pdf?openelement

I don't see anything in the case that threatens ordinary linking such
as in your message.  The quote in the slashdot article about the "end
of linking" was, I think, referring to inline linking, where you
place an image in your web page using a link to the original site
where the image is stored, rather than copying that image onto your
server. The court invoked the right of display to get around the fact
that the defendant didn't copy anything. But it would be quite a leap
to suggest that publishing a link is equivalent to displaying a work.

Arnold Reinhold