RE: [dvd-discuss] EFF: Security Researchers Drop Scientific Censo rship Case

James S. Tyre writes:
> >Hmm. Better pre-register freejamestyre.org as a precaution though... :-)
>

> Yeah, well, watch yerself, buddyboy, you may see the dark side of me
> emerge, and find yerself on the wrong end of a domain name dispute:

Slight misunderstanding here obviously....

What I should have said was "James better pre-register freejamestyre.org
(just in case he *loses* the damn case to Wendy)"

I also maybe didn't put enough smileys on the posting in general!

I was expecting to see people commenting that it was illegal to generate
deliberate court cases in which someone (EFF in this case) effectively takes
themselves to court in order to get a legal precedent set. The lack of
such comments makes me wonder if indeed it would be perfectly OK to do so?

Not that I can imagine EFF wanting to try this scenario of course..

--

Steve Hosgood                               |
steve@caederus.com                          | "A good plan today is better