RE: [dvd-discuss] Pro DMCA Argument Information ?

The best summary of the situation that I am aware of is here:

http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/rst/dmca/auth/auth.html

This is a "for comment" draft that the author posted to this list, but it
really does cover the issue quite well.  Warning: it is fairly long and
involved.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!