Re: [dvd-discuss] Posner's views on copyright

Good point. That's something that the founding fathers seemed to
understand. They were willing to let a little go by because they didn't
have the option of getting it all.

As an economist, Posner may have sufficient background to understand the
notion that the public domain is also the process whereby copyright
regularly flushes the material out of the system to make way for new
material.

I doubt that Posner understands the notion of entropy in systems. A long
copyright term means that the probability that infomration regarding
copyright gets lost  as time goes on. A copyright term longer than the
existance of individuals or most corporations assures that.

Mikael Pawlo <mikael@pawlo.com>
01/14/02 02:14 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss