From: Harold Eaton [mailto:haceaton@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 1:34 PM
To: dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [dvd-discuss] Rep. Boucher and EFF on copy-protected CDs

>(that said, it anyone actually dumb enough to pay more for "audio"
CDs?)

I don't consider it dumb. That's what I do for copying music.
By paying a royalty, I have a legal right to make personal
copies, so this is how I stay within the law. If you record
in MP3 format, the royalties are quite reasonable.

Most people who buy the audio branded CDRs probably don't
realize what they're doing, but there are at least some
of us that do!

On a side note, a couple of times I've burned non-music data
onto audio CDs because I had some on hand (ran out of data CDRs).
I shouldn't have done that, but it was expedient.