Re: [dvd-discuss] Inspiration or infringement

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 04:03:26PM -0700, D. C. Sessions wrote:
> The big upside, of course, is that patent applicants must pay substantial
> fees, survive a "new and useful" review, and expire after a while.
> Trademarks must be novel, defended, and (usually) registered.  This
> "Berne Patent" has none of these liabilities: it's automatic, free, and
> only expires (if at all) after a century or so.

that reminds me - does anyone have the dates and extensions of the
various copyright changes? i.e. in what year did copyright become
extended by how much?

I would like to extrapolate that for an argument along the lines of "at
the current speed, copyright will be 250 years in 2025". also, I would
like to find the year in which copyright becomes permanent (i.e. the
term is so long that the next extension happens before even the oldest
work expires).

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>