[dvd-discuss] Yahoo distributes decss

From  the Reuters article about the New York case on Yahoo:

"Federal Court Rules for Studios in DVD Case"
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011128/tc/tech_dmca_ruling_dc_1.html

Along the edge of the article, is a link to:
"*How to make your car invisible to radar and laser* "
http://www.technoscout.com/general/product/product.asp?product=224&Prod_Name=Phantom_II&site=80290

as well as:

*"Why pay for cellular phone service if you need it only for emergencies?*"
http://www.technoscout.com/general/product/product.asp?product=203&Prod_Name=Mobile911&site=80290

That was enough for a laugh, but I liked the "web sites" link in this
paragraph:

"The software, called DeCSS ( news
<http://rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/manual/*http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=%22DeCSS%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw>
- web sites
<http://rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/manual/*http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=DeCSS&cs=nw>)
for Decoding Content Scramble System, can be used to decode the
technology safeguards embedded in DVDs to prevent piracy."

http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=DeCSS&cs=nw

Then, next to "related searches", Yahoo has a link labled "DECSS DOWNLOAD":
http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=decss+download&rs=1&hc=0&hs=0

Which then returns a page of several choices of decss archives, such
that the decss download is two more clicks away.

Doesn't that look like they are actively distributing decss? I count
four clicks until a download starts, and Yahoo has ads on three of them.

mickeym