[dvd-discuss] MovieMask - I'm sure the lawsuit is on its way

www.moviemask.com

Here is software that allows people to create metadata additions to DVDs.
You download a config file, and the movie plays from that, not the file on
the DVD. You can effectively create your own version of a movie on DVD,
editing out the naughty bits - make your own PG-13 movie from an R-Rated
DVD.  Of course, there are more interesting uses - I wonder how long until
there is a phantom edit of the Star Wars Episode I DVD out.

Unfortunately, this violates all sorts of DVDCCA licenses.  Their moviemask
FAQ says that the movie studios are aware of what moviemask is doing - but
seems to imply that they don't have official approval.

Slashdot article