Re: [dvd-discuss] Would this consistute circumvention.

Actually, there are provisions in the copyright code for use of works in
schools, I think that they may apply.....Did you try turning off the
autoload feature of the CDROM...that way the cd can't autolaunch and you
can't be accused of circumventing their cheezy player. OHMYGOD!  turning
off autolaunch is now circumventing too! Maybe the "effective" word comes
to mind here...

BTW- This is actuallya nifty example of the "fair use" exception. Is the
RIAA going to actually claim that their copyright takes precedence of the
education of children....I'll bet they think it but won't publically say
it unless pressed.

"John Zulauf" <johnzu@ia.nsc.com>
11/09/01 09:37 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss