Re: [dvd-discuss] close to the proverbial bone

Richard Hartman wrote:

> [...]

With the Berne Convention -- certainly...  cracking the encryption
surrounding a virus would certainly be circumventing the access controls
of "without the authority of a copyright owner" -- this is of course the
flip side of the DMCA error -- it doesn't define any limits on what a
copyright holder can authorize or disauthorize.

Requiring registration for copyright protection would yield the humorous
answer "only if they filed for a copyright"  (followed immediately by a
spot on "Americas Dumbest Criminals")

.002