Re: [dvd-discuss] another topic

California has had a limited set of this since I moved here in the early
80s. Merchants get the DL numbers and put them on checks. They can track
you down using it. Bouncing a check is a serious offense and they put out
a warrent for you. Without showing proper cause (e.g., a hit and run
accident), getting addresses is done. That changed after a young actress
in a popular sitcom was killed by a stalker in the front door of her
apartment. He had tracked her down using the DMV.

Still extending it to allow merchants to get access sucks. The governement
is not TRW credit reporting.

"Jeremy A Erwin" <jerwin@gmu.edu>
11/06/01 08:43 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss