Re: [dvd-discuss] close to the proverbial bone

On 11/06/01 at 17:12, 'twas brillig and Sham Gardner scrobe:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:28:56AM -0500, Ole Craig wrote:
> >
> > RIAA Wants Background Checks on CD-RW Buyers
> >
> > http://www.bbspot.com/News/2001/10/riaa.html
>
> Is this genuine? When I first read it a few days ago, I dismissed it as a
> parody.

	Yes, it's a parody. The [American?] English idiom "close to
the bone" describes a reaction to something that is intended to be
funny, but where the humor (generally irony or satire) is so sharp
that it makes one wince; hence my subject line.

	Sorry, I guess I should have been more explicit, particularly
given that some folks have seen fit to reassure me via private email
that it's not actually a news article. Really, guys, I do get it.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * olc@cs.umass.edu * UNIX; postmaster, news, web; SGI martyr *
CS Computing Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/> for public key

perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'