RE: [dvd-discuss] Interesting 1st sale-shrinkwrap-EULA-(c) infrin gementcase

> > Because they didn't exist when the "no-rental" law was passed?
> > When was that done, anyway?
> >
> Perhaps there is no difference.  I think the copyright owner can allow
> others to rent.  My friend who works at blockbuster said the tapes they
> buy to rent are hundreds of dollars each (for the same movie you can buy
> for $20).

They are produced differently. They're on a much tougher tape base, and are
duplicated at slow speed, not the ultra fast nasty "magnetic domain transfer"
techniques used AFAIK for cheapo buy-through tapes.

--

Steve Hosgood                               |
steve@caederus.com                          | "A good plan today is better