RE: [dvd-discuss] Bunner wins DeCSS trade secret appeal

It's already been established that programs can be copyright. Even if
the digital images on CD are considered programs, you can still hold
the copyright on them. If you take them and encode them using some weak
encryption hoping people will only view the images with your software
and somebody finds a mechanism to bypass that, should they not have
the right to view your images with other software?

I don't think anybody here (unless I'm wrong) would argue that your
images (or DVDs) would lose copyright just because they might have
become a program.

-Charles Ballowe