Re: [dvd-discuss] Networks sue over Replay 4000

At 6:13 am -0600 11/1/01, Kroll, Dave wrote:
>We're still talking about broadcast, unencrypted signals, right?  What is
>this supposed to mean?

Don't these sort of devices work for cable channels if you have a
cable subscription? I realize they already think they have a case but
even I can see the added issue if the signal is a premium service
like HBO. It isn't as though one could not already share a video
taped copy of a movie with a friend who does not subscribe to the
premium service it appeared on. But with this device getting ready to
ship they must be having sleepless nights.