Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 14:15, Jeme A Brelin <jeme@brelin.net> wrote:
>  But that ISP should be required to offer unfiltered mail as well and that
>  should be the default configuration, lest the ignorant get screwed.

Why lean on legislative measures when this seems to be almost ideal
for a technical solution? I'm making the unwarranted assumption that
we can limit ourselves to 'always on' connections like DSL because in
the long run that is likely to be the sort of service people will
have. In that case you can set up your own domain name and mail
server. Instead of depending on the kindness of strangers to filter,
or not filter, you have all of those options yourself. End of dispute.