Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Bryan Taylor wrote:

> "Email is protected speech. There is a fundamental free speech right
> to be able to send and receive messages, regardless of medium. Unless
> that right is being abused by a particular individual, that individual
> must not be restricted.

Now wait a moment ... I agree that spammers have the right
to free speech in public places, but you have to remember
that my mailbox is private space, not public space.

If I were to walk into the EFF offices and put on loud music,
I'm sure they'd also ask me to take the music elsewhere so
they could do some work ;)

regards,

Rik
--