[dvd-discuss] Jon Johansen, updates?

Hi,

I got involved recently in a flame war about copyright issues on a
Polish newsgroup, and one of the arguments against the validity of
charges brought against Jon Johansen was that since he was arrested and
questioned in 1999, no further charges were brought against him, there
was no trial, and no ruling - which seems strange if what he did was
illegal under Norwegian law. One of the pro-DMCA people questioned this
argument and referred us to a web page that mentioned some kind of
prosecution, but it seems it was grounded solely on Jon's own testimony
in the New York DeCSS case, when he mentioned that he had to appear at
an attorney's office. I tried to google out any information about
further developments, but all I found was a lot of discussion and
opinions, no facts. So, does anybody know what's his current situation
with respect to the DMCA charges? Have they been dropped since? Is there
some kind of investigation going on, a trial, whatever?

--
Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak@ajax.umcs.lublin.pl>