Re: Re[2]: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

--- Jeme A Brelin <jeme@brelin.net> wrote:

> > You never explained the right to speech which allows you to send email
> > transforms itself into the right to have the attention of the
> > recipient against his will.
>
> I didn't say that.  I said that YOU shouldn't be able to block SOMEONE
> ELSE'S mail.  They can do whatever they like with it.

Yes, but you leave off the important phrase "without their consent" regarding
sorting someone else's mail.

> > Does Tom Brokaw's mailroom, which filters his postal mail, violate my
> > right to send him a letter? I don't think so.
>
> Ah!  Now HERE is a straightforward analogy.
>
> Tom Brokaw has people who sort his mail.  And they do so and I'm sure he's
> very happy for the service.
>
> BUT if Tom Brokaw decided tomorrow that he didn't want his mail sorted, it
> would be A FELONY to intentionally toss even the most obvious junk mail
> without his permission.

Well, you've just stated my position if you translate to email.

Brokaw hiring mail room employees or a mail room service is exactly the same as
me contracting with an ISP or yahoo.com to handle my email.