Re: [dvd-discuss] Hang the RIAA in their own noose.

> rip, it takes X minutes of computer time, Y minutes of my time -- that's
> a real historical cost basis.  If someone accidentally leaves open the
> file sharing port on Win9X (that is the default), or mistakenly shares
> (through honest user error) their MP3 folder and the RIAA hacks in a
> deletes them, $5K should add up fast.

Yes, but, if having a public web site is giving permission for users to
access it, then having an open drive share with public write permission
seems to me to be giving permission for peeople to
read/write/delete.  (even if it is due to user ignorence).   I can't call
accessing an open share "hacking".

 -- noah silva