Re: [dvd-discuss] two articles

John Schulien wrote:

> I've read through the statute, and I think
> that the RIAA is attempting an enormous bluff.

Isn't bluffing about committing a criminal action which would do harm to
a person a crime in and of itself -- effectively assault.  "I you don't
stop <X>, I'll DOS attack you."  Where <X> could be anything.  Given
that DOS attacks have now fallen under the rubric of the anti-terror act
threatening DOS should be treated as seriously as threatening Anthrax.

If they are not bluffing, it seems they are already conspiring to commit
a crime.

Either way aren't they already in legal hot water (assuming corporations
were held to the same legal standard).

IANAL,  those who can say IAAL please comment.