IN THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS

FOR THE ELEVENTH CIRCUIT

_______________

No. 01-12200

_______________

D. C. Docket No. 01-00701-CV-CAP-1

SUNTRUST BANK, as Trustee of the

Stephen Mitchell trusts f.b.o. Eugene

Muse Mitchell and Joseph Reynolds Mitchell,

Plaintiff-Appellee,

versus

HOUGHTON MIFFLIN COMPANY,

Defendant-Appellant.

______________________________

Appeal from the United States District Court

for the Northern District of Georgia

______________________________

(October 10, 2001)

Before BIRCH, MARCUS and WOOD*, Circuit Judges.

_____________

*Honorable Harlington Wood, Jr., U.S. Circuit Judge for the Seventh
Circuit, sitting by designation.

BIRCH, Circuit Judge:

In this opinion, we decide whether publication of The Wind Done Gone
("TWDG"), a fictional work
admittedly based on Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind ("GWTW"), should
be enjoined from
publication based on alleged copyright violations. The district court
granted a preliminary injunction against
publication of TWDG because it found that Plaintiff-Appellee SunTrust Bank
("SunTrust") met the
four-part test governing preliminary injunctions. We VACATE the injunction
and REMAND for
consideration of the remaining claims.

James S. Tyre                               mailto:jstyre@jstyre.com
Law Offices of James S. Tyre          310-839-4114/310-839-4602(fax)
10736 Jefferson Blvd., #512               Culver City, CA 90230-4969
Co-founder, The Censorware Project             http://censorware.net