Re: [dvd-discuss] More Copy Protection

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 08:50:31AM -0700, Michael.A.Rolenz@aero.org wrote:
> I think they mean authorized by the copyright holder or the media content
> provider....other than trying to mess up the tracking system of the CD
> player, the rest of their statement is PUREST BS. As we say in the comm.
> business "Bits is Bits". The only way they can succeed is if the computer
> CDdrive has a tracking system different than a CD player....

which it does and they've already built a protection system around this
fact.

make no mistake. these guys have billions to waste on every conceivable
outlandish idea to use for their purposes. one day you might find that
a new thin blue layer coated on CDs has the only purpose of difracting
blue laser CD lights while leaving red laser cdplayer lights ok.
(disclaimer: total fiction and not even scientifically correct)

and unbelievable as it sounds to us at first glance, their concern
really *is* "easy perfect copies". because everything that makes
copying more work or degrades the quality of the copy means less people
do it.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org