Re: [dvd-discuss] Hackers = terrorists, an analysis

Add to that Att. Gen Ashcroft, Sen Feinstein, Sen Thompson et al who
desire to have "backdoors" put into all encryption so the government can
crack it we wind up with a situation where the government has to be able
to crack it but nobody else can even look at it or else they get
prosecuted.....Hmmmm....could get to be an interesting world when "juvies"
discover that they can crack all this stuff themselves and unlike their
adult compatriots can't go to jail......"Oh how I wish we were kids
again...." <German Caberet song  circa 1920s>

BTW- Does anybody have any idea what Ashcroft, Feinstein etc THINK a
"backdoor" is? Technically? How they think it operates? They keep calling
for them but I really wonder what they really think they are.

"John Zulauf" <johnzu@ia.nsc.com>
09/26/01 02:35 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss