Re: [dvd-discuss] ClearChannel Plays It Safe

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 02:56:28PM -0700, Bryan Taylor wrote:
> But with responsibility does not come an obligation to use your resources to
> communicate messages you don't want to communicate. A private entitiy, such as
> a radio station has no legal or moral obligation to communicate a message to
> your liking. In fact, just the opposite, they have the right not to.

I disagree on this. this private entity is using public property for
its purpose (the airwaves). it would be only fair to demand a certain
amount of caring for the public interest in return. say, some amount of
broadcasting (1 hour? say 2 slots of 30 min between 8 am and 10 pm) every
day reserved for things people might want to say.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org