Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: Sen. Hollings plans to introduce DMCAsequel: The SSSCA

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 04:00:50PM -0400, Jeremy A Erwin wrote:
> I've been reading the kernel-traffic digests for some time now. There
> have been many complaints about IBM not releasing needed documentation
> for some part of the S/390 port. Some divisions of IBM are truly
> interested in Linux--others (the cash register divisions seem to be oft
> mentioned) are more interested in keeping specs proprietary. Don't
> expect philosophical consistency from IBM. (The most consistently "evil"
> corporation that list is, IMHO, Matsushita (Panasonic, Technics, etc)

or Toshiba. Toshiba is behind most of the DVD/CSS things. up to and
including the simple fact that the president of DVD CCA is a former
Toshiba employee.
(see http://web.lemuria.org/DeCSS/hal2001.html)

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org