[dvd-discuss] Fwd: Re: SSSCA

If this hasn't been passsed around yet...
They don't need support, they get contributions:

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib/N00002423.htm

ERNEST F. HOLLINGS (D-SC)
Top Contributors
1  AT&T  $35,610
2  FedEx Corp  $33,500
2  Time Warner  $33,500
4  Ness, Motley et al  $32,550
5  Verner, Liipfert et al  $28,508
6  News Corp  $28,224
7  Philip Morris  $27,050
8  Medical University of South Carolina  $23,200
9  Loral Spacecom  $23,000
10  Sprint Corp  $22,950
11  National Assn of Broadcasters  $22,000
12  Scana Corp  $21,750
13  Baron & Budd  $20,000
13  Lipper & Co  $20,000
15  Robins, Kaplan et al  $18,695
16  Burlington Industries  $18,500
16  Walt Disney Co  $18,500

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/indus/N00002423.htm

ERNEST F. HOLLINGS (D-SC)
Top Industries

The top industries supporting Ernest F. Hollings are:

 1  Lawyers/Law Firms  $1,215,300
2  TV/Movies/Music  $287,534
3  Lobbyists  $194,069
4  Telephone Utilities  $144,169
5  Telecom Services & Equipment  $135,571

The apathy Americans have for the government was bound to create a problem...;)