[dvd-discuss] DVD Descrambling Code Not a Trade Secret

On 22 Jan 2004 at 14:14, James S. Tyre wrote:

 > Curiouser and Curiouser...given the doggedness of the DVD CCA in
pursuing this
 > matter I suspect that the inanity of their position is not one of the
factors
 > in this matter.....I wonder what their next move is?

Probably HDVD, or whatever they call high definition DVDs.  Besides giving
the MPAA
the chance to reissue their entire catalog in the new format and suck in
money like a
vacuum cleaner, it would also give them the opportunity to replace the
failed DRM system
as part of the new format.