Re: [dvd-discuss] OT: GPL, etc.

And since BSD, GPL, etc are on-going and collective enterprises, the copyright extends 70 yrs past the death of the last surviving author, assuming that one could find them or track down who all they are. So under the SonnyBoneheadTheftofCopyrightAct the copyright extends into the next century and the works do not enter the public domain unless BSD, GPL etc decidely limit the copyright or maintain strict version control and records into the next century.

This whole notion of extending copyright well past the time that records generally exist is so arrogantly stupid that personally I wonder if that tree wasn't devinely placed there.

Noah silva <nsilva@atari-source.com>

07/09/2003 05:59 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss