RE: [dvd-discuss] Postage Meters and the "Right to Tinker"

One does if it's .PDF or .LIT . . .

So ... if RandomHouse sends me an unsolicited CD
full of _protected_ .PDF ebooks, am I within my
rights to  make use of the Russion un-protection
program to read them, or do you maintain that
I have to buy a key from them to legitimately access
my gift?

> Going around a security measure certainly is not "ordinary use" in any
> case.

... including the case of DeCSS ...

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!