Re: [dvd-discuss] more dmca nonsense--Lexmark printers

I don't remember who (.002?) made the observation before that CSS is the hook to get the DMCA in play where otherwise nothing would be of issue. Lexmark has taken the same approach

1. Does this fit any of the LOC submitted requests for circumvention. The LOC isn't accepting new comments but if there is one where this applies, then a reply comment could be written that "blah blah blah has made a good point. In fact in the last month the well known company "Lexmark" has done the following. Circumvention of the printer cartridge or disabling of the software in the printer is needed to maintain operability and to use my printer.

2. Has anyone found a way to do the circumvention in either the cartridge or the printer? That could be another posterchild case!

mickey <mickeym@mindspring.com>

01/10/2003 03:01 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss