Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: TurboTax for free?

Somehow I don't think the MPAA would agree with that argument....according to them your homebrew DVD players are the work of evil wicked mean an nasty hackers regardless of whether or not they own legitimate players..but it does tend to show the falacy of the authority of the copyright schism that the MPAA and Kaplan argue. If the authority is granted by buying an authorized player, then owning one grants the authority and it can't be revoked if you play the DVD on an unauthorized one.

Ole Craig <olc@cs.umass.edu>

01/08/2003 10:27 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss